Call for Papers
Event to Honor
Professor Raúl Bueno Chávez
November 21 to 26, 2019
This year’s AHLiST will hold a special conference to honor the academic lifetime achievement of the world eminent figure as literary critic, poet and great mentor, Professor Raúl Bueno Chávez.
Conference Topic: Creativity and Culture
A distinct culture of creativity or creativity of culture has shaped each region and nation. Certain social cultures have celebrated various notions of individual creativity, whereas others have chastised individualistic forms of origination by accentuating collective concepts of innovation. Only for last several decades or so, creativity seems to have flourished more in science and technology than in humanities or arts. Nevertheless, in any given culture, creativity has enhanced people’s lives, minds and spirits in all areas of human developments. The 2019 AHLiST Conference invites researchers and educators to debate multicultural notions of creativity and interpret the following topics but certainly not limited to:
-how to reconceptualize definitions of creativity appropriate to specific regions yet open to the global world
-how to reconsider creativity not limited to science, technology or industry but to humanities, arts, social sciences
-how to revalorize multiple forms and manifestations of creativity in aural, popular, digitized, sophisticated, and (in)tangible cultures
DEADLINE for Submission: October 15, 2019 (extended)
Mail to: [email protected]
Conference Panel or Individual Proposal Guidelines
All presenters must be members of the Association by the indicated deadline.
- All proposal submissions should indicate a specific track.
- Submissions can be in ENGLISH, ESPAÑOL or PORTUGUÊS. All submission should represent original work done by the authors. There will be two options to propose/submit: a) panel proposal; b) individual paper.
- Panel Proposal (Session Proposal with three of more papers): If you plan to propose a panel/session, please include the title of the panel and the names of presenters; a panel abstract of 150-250 words; a separate page with the names of presenters, their contact information (mailing address, phone number, and email) and institutional affiliation(s), the titles of their presentations; and a 250-word abstract for each paper. Panels will be one hour and fifteen minutes long. Presenters for a panel will be asked to submit their abstract and information separately.
- Individual Proposal: Each author can use one of the following ways to submit:
E.1. ABSTRACT: A title and 250 words (double-spaced and 12 fonts)
E.2. WORK-IN-PROGRESS: A structured proposal of about 1,000 words (double- spaced and 12 fonts) including purpose, methodology/approach, findings, research limitations/implications, and originality/value. A reference list is required. Tables or figures should be placed in the appendix after the reference list if needed.
E.3. FULL PAPER:
However, if you are discussing, for example, the historical context in which the episode originally aired, you should cite the full date. Because you are specifying the date of airing, you would then use WB Television Network (rather than Mutant Enemy), because it was the network (rather than the production company) that aired the episode on the date you’re citing.
E.3.ii. All text must be:
-double-spaced and with Times New Roman font size 12
-left-justified with all margins at least 1 inch
-if necessary, including footnotes entered with the word-processing programs
– more than 3,000 words but not exceeding 6,000 words including charts, tables, figures, appendices, footnotes, and bibliographical notes.
E.3.iii. You may cite your work, but do not use wording that identifies you as the manuscript’s author.
E.3.iv. Your name should appear only on the title page.
E.3.v. You should also include a 100-word abstract in ENGLISH (only in English even though your full article may be written in Spanish or Portuguese) following the title page to help the journal locate external reviewers.
- Early Bird Registration (August 1 to September 30, 2019): 200 USD*
- Regular Registration (October 1 to November 15, 2019): 250 USD*
- Late Registration (November 16 to 26, 2019): 350 USD*
***These fees include this year’s registration, membership, and invitation to the Welcome Reception as well as some meals during the conference period.
Mail to: [email protected]